Use and almanac and stelarium (free astronomy program on the computer) for reference.
Teach these things:
1. Teach the location of the FULL-MOON in astronomical position (this is important for understanding science and biblical-ancient ways to calculate time, which can still be accomplished today. Kinda like people can still use a "sun-dial" to calculate time.)
2. Teach the ecliptic constellations.
3. Teach the names of the biblical months and their events.
4. Teach moon phases.
5. Teach the patterns of the first 5 visible planets
-how many days/years does it take to rotate the sun
-how long it takes for a planet to return to the same astronomical position and the patterns
6. Teach how the historical astronomers used the bible to determine how the planets moved in space
7. Like (1.), teach the moon rise time. The Full-Moon rise time is the same or very close to the sun-set time! The new-moon rise time is very close to the sun-rise time!*****If you simply CANNOT teach advanced things, DO teach this aspect! Because it will help the children understand the truth of why Jesus was on the cross from the 6th hour to the 9th hour!
8. Teach about a sun-dial and the seasons.
9. Teach nature changes and Moon-Signs create an ancient calendar. (ie. falling-leaves moon)
10. Any other important features as they relate to "biblical descriptions" (ie. morning star) and science descriptions (ie. how many moons does Jupiter have)
11. Biblical/Jewish/Hebrew names of the constellations and why those descriptions matter....
12. Teach about issues like axial precession, and how the astronomical position of a "full moon" will change over a period of about 26,000 years. This CAN be divided by "seven" in biblical reference to the Qumran Calendar.
13. Teach how they calculated time in the ancient time by "night watch." (The website gives "ideas" that the Sabbath Day isn't as important as the signs of the moon.....but I DO believe that the Sabbath Day[some issues in disliking Seventh-Day Adventist or even Messianic beliefs] remains as an important and appropriate day.....both astronomically and as the bible would like us to believe).
14. Pattern of the "direction" the tribes were facing (east, west, north, south) and the location of the ark in the tabernacle in the wilderness and how it related to the pattern of astronomy at the time. (The website gives "ideas" that the Sabbath Day isn't as important as the signs of the moon.....but I DO believe that the Sabbath Day[some issues in disliking Seventh-Day Adventist or even Messianic beliefs] remains as an important and appropriate day.....both astronomically and as the bible would like us to believe).
Ensure that your children understand that ASTRONOMY is biblical and ASTROLOGY is "mythical" or filled with lies. Even BIBLICAL ASTROLOGY can have myth in it, so don't consider it as useful for the reasons why men do wicked things. Men do wicked things because they do not love the WORD first.