When should you use a different resource for education of your child? Perhaps your child is not able to complete some worksheets. Perhaps you are having difficulty explaining how to do a certain problem or procedure to your child. Do NOT fee like you MUST always be the ultimate home-education parent. Home-education is a GIFT given by the creator to allow parents and caregivers to develop relationship with children so they can THRIVE from one generation to another. It is not a means to "escape" from this world or to "escape" difficult circumstances in life.
1. You are not able to perform basic math problems with your child in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
2. Your child simply wants to play computer games all day, rather than learning about astronomy or about the habitat of birds, animals and fish.
3. Your child is not meeting and greeting people with a kind voice and behavior (note: the school systems do NOT always help resolve this problem effectively)
4. Your child is bored with your education routine and needs some other things to do.
5. You as a parent are consistently tired and would like to complete "other things" like household work, rather than focus so heavily on school work. (Your freedom as a parent is being robed)
6. The child is constantly arguing or mocking with you and will not complete school work.
7. One parent notices that the child is falling behind in basic subject matter that is necessary for thriving in life.
8. The child is ignorant of safety measures.
9. The child needs to know more about traumatic problems in this world and how to deal with them. (ie. exposure to the ER, firefighter experience, injured persons etc)
10. The child is having trouble respecting other cultures and languages.
When should the parent NOT use a certain resource for education. It may be public education or it may be private or any other resource.
1. The content in the education has a lot of "racism" talk.
2. The content in the education refuses to acknowledge historical accuracy.
3. Others have been FORCING the parent to use a certain resource, rather than looking into the possibility that the outside forces could be wrong.
4. The content in the education refuses to discuss the possibility for differences in culture holidays. Specific times for rest, are different from culture to culture.
5. The content in education causes the family to be "controlled" by the source of education. Perhaps it requires special "sport days" which occur on a day of worship.
6. The content is in the education is filled with promotion of "sexual impurity" and "identify the child by the sexuality."
7. The content is opposed to the child using a basic pen and paper and consistently requires the child to take "tests" on a computer screen. (too many children get attached to screens rather than real-life)
8. The content of education doesn't allow the child to interact with peers at a personal level. The child is too busy to take time to interact with friends and/or family.
9. The content of the education resource is filled with "political agendas." Rather than learning practical things necessary for the child's life, such as personal cleanliness, care for one's own home and space as well as caring for the needs of others, the content is filled with "political propaganda"
10. The content of the education applies to a land and place FAR away. If the child lives in the country, he or she would not need to know the little details of a lifestyle in a city where people are constantly commuting by subway, unless the child actually happens to visit the land and location.