1. Calculate basic math problems addition/subtraction (1-12). Learn and memorize all basic facts.
2. Introduce Multiplication/Division problems (1-12). Compute math facts tables.
3. Practice double diget math problems in addition/subtraction.
4. Learn the hebrew gematria meaning for the numbers 1-12
5. Count items in nature with 1-12. example a cow has four legs, a tulip has six petals. Memorize a list of these things.
6. Count/memorize the items mentioned in the bible that are multiples of 1-12 or the number 1-12 mentioned in the bible. (the bible mentions 12 months)
8. Calculate math problems mentioned in the selected bible passage.
9. Calculate some problems with money.
10. Learn some information about fractions, percentage, interest and other real-world math calculations.
1. Study the [plant/animal/nature item] mentioned in the bible.
2. Write one notebook page about a health-topic mentioned in the bible passage.
3. Fill in a worksheet with diagram about the [plant/animal/nature/health] mentioned in the bible passage.
4. Select extra books from the library about the science topic found in the bible passage.
5. Create a poster on the science topic mentioned in the bible passage.
6. Do an experiment based on the bible passage. Write a page report (problem,hypothesis,test, conclusion) on findings.
7. Use five senses to describe the science thing mentioned in the passage. Write a sentence about each thing.
8. Read an encyclopedia article about the science thing mentioned in the bible passage.
9. Take a fill in the blank quiz about the science topic mentioned in the bible passage.
10. Explain and study the positive and negative things about the science item mentioned in the passage.
(select enough activities to complete within 45 minutes of time for structured reading. 30 minutes for structured writing practice. 30 minutes for free reading)
1. Investigate parts of speech in the bible passage. Investigate grammar rules related to the part of speech.
2. Write a one page journal about a question from the bible passage (get a journal writing book for prompts).
3. Copy up to 50 words in cursive from bible passage. (get a cursive writing book to get started)
4. Spell 15 words from the bible passage.
5. Fill in a crossword puzzle based off of the bible passage.
6. Investigate punctuation differences in the passage compared to modern English rules.
7. Define words from the passage. Write a vocabulary list.
8. Read a story from a reader and compare it to the bible passage.
9. Keep track of words that are difficult to read from the passage. Read these words each day.
10. Write a summary about the passage in own words.
11. Memorize and perform a play script with scripture verses and themes related to the bible passage.
(select enough to allow for structured reading time of at least 45 minutes and 15 minutes of comprehension exercise)
1. Have the child read 1-3 chapters from the weekly passage.
2. Take a mini quiz on the bible passage.
3. Let the child pretend to be the people in the bible passage or create mini-figures
4. Diagram events in the bible passage.
5. Investigate "reading comprehension" rules for the bible passage.
6. Write a note-book page about the bible passage.
7. Read a similar short story or poem from a reader or other literature that relates to the passage.
8. Compare classic literature to the passage.
9. Listen to the passage while it is read aloud. Summarize. Have parent write down what student said, then student copywork of what he or she remembers from passage.
10. Memorize various verses from the bible passage.
Biography (Do a biography on one key bible character (bc) and one key historical person (hp)):
One basic book, encyclopedia article to read about given character and so forth.
1. Identify positive and negative character (bible definition) traits of given bible character or historical person.
2. Compare historical person to a person in the given bible passage.
3. Identify on map where bc and hp lived.
4. Make a poster about the bc or hp based on the bible passage.
5. Show on timeline information about bc or hp compared to current bible passage.
6. Make up a story about the bc or hp that is not written in records (like about what his mother ate for dinner one day.).
7. Find 10 verses in bible passage that describe accurately the bc or hp
8. Do a literature activity with the bp or hp
9. Write a journal about what student likes or doesn't like about the bp or hp
10. Fill in a little quiz about the bp or hp
1. Identify locations on a map or timeline. Have student memorize surrounding towns, states, rivers etc.
2. Show pictures of bible events or historical events from pictures or video footage.
3. Make a special timeline about events in the bible story or history story.
4. Recall information about how the bible story is similar to the historical event.
5. Imagine the foods, lifetyles, types of clothes the people would have worn in the history/geography/bible story.
6. Identify a key object or theme from the bible passage or historical event
7. Identify the good or bad things in the bible passage, historical event or geographical location.
8. Draw a sketch from a picture taken from the historical event, bible story or geographical location.
9. Recall information and write a page journal about the bible story, historical event or geographical location.
10. Look up information by encyclopedia, library research or other resources to help understand the history/geography/bible story better.
1. Read bible passage in Foreign language of choice and in other languages.
2. Select one word from passage like [dove]. Find a picture of [dove] and identify objects in picture in chosen foreign language and in other language.
3. Identify room objects in bible passage. Find those same room objects in chosen lang and other language. Make post-it notes of foreign lang. and place around the room or in outdoor setting.
4. Sing, write and look at alphabet of chosen foreign lang, Hebrew, greek and other language. ID Alphabet in bible passage.
5. Write one to three verses from bible passage in foreign language and other languages.
6. Speak the foreign language phrases based off of the bible passage out loud to a stuffed animal or two.
7. Listen to [farmer, cow, neck, ear, random word from bible] nursery rhyme song or poem in foreign language of choice and other language
8. Identify cultural things from foreign language and other language in bible passage.
9. Speak a verse in foreign language and other language.
10. ID 20 words in foreign language and other language from bible passage. Make flash cards and take a quiz on identification of the foreign language.
11. Listen to a passage based on bible passage theme in foreign language. ie. temple, oak trees, cattle are mentioned in bible. Listen to a passage in foreign language about [temple, oak trees, cattle]
Choose one a week. Do drawing, color wheel exercises as well.
1. Choose one word from bible passage and practice draw or paint the word artistically
2. Draw or paint a [dove] or other plant animal or object from the passage. Try drawing in different styles and with different material (crayon, color pencil, marker etc.).
3. Make a potato print of object plant animal identified
4. Do a shadow silhouette cut out of your family and add bible verse to describe, or bible story as well
5. When see a [tree] find the object in real life and draw it.
6. Do a sewing or craft project with words or verses from selected bible portion
7. Do a paper weaving or other pop art image activity. Add bible verses and selected words to picture.
8. Make a collage, practice gluing parts and pieces to make a bible story or verse.
9. Make a 3-D object with clay paper mache or other material. (clay pot, mobile, vase etc) Add bible verse.
10. Make a recycled material art object. Add bible verse or story.
11. Other material to try of your choice....try weaving a rug when bible story says [rug] or wooden blocks when bible story says [wood]
12. Get a how-to-draw book. Copy the images in the book to fit with the bible story.
Select one per week. Do 10 jumping jacks, 10 pushups and run 2 minutes
1. Play a game with chalk and boarder lines. Add words from the bible as you desire [dragon, unicorn etc]
2. Run outside, if cold go on a winter walk. Identify trees, animals etc.
3. Do indoor video, stretches exercise.
4. Play games with hula hoops, bubbles, streamers etc.
5. Play games with big balls (beach ball, basket ball etc) and with small balls (ping pong, marbles etc)
6. Play a game with targets, horseshoes, or other goals
7. Ride bike or other pedal, push cart, winter ski, skate, sled
8. Climb tree, climb rocks, swim, crawl under small cave or other explorer type activity.
9. Jump on bed or trampoline for 15 or more minutes
10. Manual labor of some sort. Carrying buckets, raking leaves, Scrubbing car really hard etc.
(select one per week and add separate topical discussions as needed)
1. Tie shoes, buckle, lace practice.
2. Clean hands, teeth brushing and body hygiene.
3. Manners and Etiquette Techniques
4. Strangers and other human threats
5. Fire, snow, outdoor, bike and other safety
6. Basic survival and ancient livng skills
7. ID of poisonous objects or human habits (alcohol, cigarettes, sexual activity etc)
8. Talking on phone, computer and other communication. Learn address etc.
9.Pouring, cutting, chores, pulling out drawers and other Montessori Skills
10. How to treat siblings etc. Based on bible story for the day.
(select one a week and compare to bible story or verses. Each session do a warm up)
1. Listen to music from specific classical composer
2. Nursery Rhyme, bible themed kids Songs
4. Write some music
5. Practice playing piano music
6. Compare natural animal sounds or behaviors to sounds of orchestra songs
7. Sing accapella song
8. Try to play a song by ear
9. Observe and become familiar with different musical instruments, composers or musical eras montesorri style
10.Play various drums, bells whistles etc. Home made instruments etc.